1. Palmolive Olive and Milk Body wash, ~80 PHP. "Infused with 100% natural milk proteins and olive extracts. Olive is known for conditioning your skin for that Ultra Moisture. Its rich formula will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth while its delicious scent lingers."
I wasn't really on the hunt for a new body wash, but I like smelling bath products whenever I'm grocery shopping, and I found this. It smells so good -- not quite Amazing Grace-good, but very good nonetheless. Ewan ko kung psychological yung effect, pero feeling ko my skin was so soft and smooth after, which lasted till the morning. Very reasonable yung price, ~80 PHP, and a little goes a long way. I hope they'd make a bar counterpart with matching lotion and/or body butter.
2. Giggles Baby Wipes, ~90 PHP. "Giggles Baby Wipes are silky soft and extra thick like a soft wash cloth. With moisturized aloe lotion contents. Alcohol-free. Gently formulated to clean and moisturize baby's delicate skin. Gentle enough to clean baby's face and hands."
I don't know how parents in the olden days survived without this. Seriously. We started regularly purchasing wet wipes when Sharkteeth was born -- she's almost a tweener now, and yet it's already part of our regular grocery purchases. One for each of us. We don't go on any long trip without it. Aside from its use on the body, I also use it to clean my leather bags because it's gentle and mild. Further, it's unscented and hindi sya malagkit unlike other wet wipes. Compared with other reputable wet wipes like Johnson's, Wet Ones, or Nivea, Giggles is the cheapest (per sheet).
3. Fossil Tree Jewelry Stand, ~2000 PHP. "Branch out with our vintage-inspired Tree Jewelry Stand. Use this multi-branched, antiqued brass-tone tree to organize all of your accessories--it's as functional as it is whimsical. Multi-branched brass ox-tone jewelry holder tree with chocolate brown wooden jewelry tray base."
I've been hankering for this for a couple of years na. Yes, ganun na katagal. Nag-sale sa Fossil USA kaso naubusan ako. Still haven't found one, even something similar. Malamang ay idi-DIY ko na lang. I like that it has a number of branches where I can hang rings and other accessories and that it is accented by a charming solitary bird. Update ko kayo pag nai-DIY ko.
4. Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves, ~250 PHP. "Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves glow with the orange-yellow luster of fresh, ripe apricots. Each jar of these 100% natural preserves is filled with pieces of apricot, which add sparks of acidic brightness and refreshing flavor. Deeply succulent, Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves is stimulating on toast and pastries and ideal for enhancing entrees."
I love this most with honey yogurt. Not too tart, not too sweet. Just perfect. I will try their grilled apricot chicken skewers, parang madaling lutuin and easy to pack for Sharkteeth's baon.
5. Tory Burch Jelly Reva. "The classic Reva, now as an adorable jelly. Rubber ballet flat with cutout logo disc at vamp. Vents at side. Logo-textured rubber sole."
I almost forgot about my pair na, pero naalala ko because of the recent storm and rain. These won't protect you from the cooties like a pair of rainboots would, but if you're not wading into a flood, they're okay. They have the right amount of pliability, but I had blisters when I first wore them. They dry easily, and if not already obvious, stylish enough to wear even during sunshiny days.
|Picture credit to Bonanza.com. I don't wanna take a picture of mine kasi madumi pa.|
Note: In my bid to post regularly, I'm going, or at least try, to post every Friday five of my favorite things. They might be a current or past possession, though others might not be necessarily mine -- could be a wish for my fairy godmother (where are you, by the way?), could be something I saw and found interesting, but it will always be driven by beauty and functionality, hopefully both, but that's a tall order.
Another important note: None of these items are ads or sponsored. Pero if Palmolive will give me a lifetime supply, o sige, kahit a month's supply, okay fine, kahit isang bote lang, hahahaha, ng Palmolive Olive and Milk Body wash, I'd be most grateful. *Hint-hint*