Monday, August 01, 2016

Quickie Cebu

The main reason we went to Cebu was to surprise my MIL. She has been living for the past 3 years in Texas and she's visiting. She was on her way to her hometown in Cebu and TheHusband planned to surprise her when she flies in from Manila. 

We were supposed to travel by ship going to Cebu, as we usually do, but all beds in the air-conditioned rooms were already fully booked. Ayoko naman sa open air area kasi I would feel too exposed sleeping there. *Arte mo, natutulog ka ngang nakanganga sa LRT eh. Hehehe.* So we were left with no other choice but to take the bus to Cebu.

It. Was. Not. Relaxing.

Not only was it not relaxing, there weren't any stops for food. I was so hungry and dizzy. TheHusband bought me a siopao when we transferred from the ferry to the bus, but it didn't help me much. After about four hours, nakarating kami finally sa South Station. Agad-agad akong bumili ng lanzones, which I ate in the cab. Hahahah! So pedestrian. Sharkteeth, who's not into fruits, ate as well kasi hangry na daw sya. We went straight to Ramen Sora in Robinson's Galleria and proceeded to order. And order. And order. Rice bowls. Bacon-wrapped shimeji mushrooms. Lasagna maki (yes, there is such a thing). Ang dami naming nakain. The waiter who recommended the lasagna maki asked us if we liked it, and while I indeed liked it and found it delicious, I wasn't certain if masarap ba talaga or gutom na gutom lang ako. Sabi ko rated PG, for patay-gutom, kami. To which Sharkteeth retorted, "ako SPG!" When I asked what SPG meant, "super patay-gutom" daw. Hahahaha! Hindi pa dun natapos ang kain namin. TheHusband and Sharkteeth went to Starbucks for dessert and I went to Sans Rival for a slice of date-walnut dacquoise. I am pretty late in checking out Sans Rival's cakes, usually just going for the usual treats like sans rival and silvanas, but their date-walnut dacquoise is sooooo delicious. Like titirik-ang-mata-mo-at-makakalimutan-mo-pangalan-mo delicious. Nung unang try ko pa nun, I didn't know how to pronounce dacquoise [pronounced as \dä-ˈkwäz\]. I just pointed it out to the cashier. Hahahahaha! Sabi na eh, so pedestrian.

We then proceeded to the hotel to rest a bit, went to church, and then to Ayala. By the that time, my allergic rhinitis was full-blown. Sale sa H&M! Keber sa allergy. Hahaha! I got myself an oversized cup a la Friends. Saka gift cards -- pang-emergency regalo. Ang daming cute na bunny prints. I got a bath towel as well, which I justified by thinking na wala pala kaming dalang towel, so pa'no kami maliligo sa SM Travel Lounge kung wala kaming towel? To whom was I justifying it to, I don't know. Malamang eh sa sarili ko. Still on the process of KonMari-ing and heto ako at bili na naman ng bili. Hahahaha! H&M has pretty nice household items, 'noh? And not as expensive as, say Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel. TheHusband was able to get a few items of clothing as well. I told Sharkteeth that she can buy something from H&M (within my budget, of course), but she got a book instead. Pero huwag ka, when we went to Forever 21 and I offered to buy her a shirt, dalawa ang nabili. Mas gusto pala nya sa Forever kesa sa H&M, according to her. Kokonti ang magandang items sa Daiso. :( Barely bought anything there, unlike dati na ang daming cute stuff.


Like I said, the main reason we went to Cebu was to surprise my MIL. And surprised she was. And so very happy. We initially planned on bringing her to Temple of Leah, but I had allergic rhinitis (again!) and after I took an antihistamine, I kinda spaced out. I couldn't think well. Antok na antok ako. When we were on our way to SM, I was wondering kung ano nga ba yung pupuntahan namin dapat and only then did I realize na dapat pala ay pupunta kami sa Temple of Leah. *Toinks* 

We were able to book aircon accommodations on our way back to Dumaguete. The trip took a long time, which was fine by me, as I was able to sleep and rest well. We got home early in the morning, and the boulevard, which is near the pier, was already teeming with health buffs and humans walking their dogs, and vice versa. We were exhausted but happy with the brief break we had.

9 comments :

  1. Madami bang apo si MIL mo? Malamang tuwang tuwa sya makita si S. Paborito ko lanzones! Lalo na yung walang buto. Unlike many people, I love dates. Kaya nacurious ako sa date-walnut dacquoise na yan! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marami. Tuwang-tuwa talaga. Naalagaan nya si S nung baby pa, for about 3 years.

      Apir sa lanzones. Favorite ko rin yun. The next town next to ours has lots of lanzones trees, and inaabangan ko talaga ang lanzones season.

      Masarap yung dates and almonds dacquoise. Sana nga may puno sa atin ng dates, 'no?

      Delete
  2. Nakaka curious ang lasagna maki hehe. I miss lanzones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masarap naman. Pero ang gusto ko pa rin eh yung mango+kani.

      Delete
  3. Never heard of lasagna maki before! But it seems good ♥ Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you and your family still had a great time despite the long, and tiring trip! Looking forward to reading more of your future adventures :) Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love and I miss date-walnut dacquoise! Yan ang isa sa mga reasons why we will go back to Dumaguete on my birthday next year =) #alamnathis

    Nakakailang balik na ako sa Cebu pero wala naman nagsasabi sa akin about my temple, este, the Temple of Leah! Naku-curious tuloy ako hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nakailang punta na rin kami, palaging tinatamad. Malayo kasi. Umakyat kami sa Tops minsan, na-stress ako kasi zigzag.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!