Sunday, April 28, 2013

Easy Rosemary Chicken


We watched Iron Man last night. Didn't realize na mahaba yun movie, hayun, sarado na grocery, and I wasn't able to shop for any food. Opening the ref this morning was a bit depressing -- two chicken breasts and an assortment of veggies. What to do? What to do? Ano pa, syempre mag-imbento ng ulam. Hihihihi! So, here's my latest, uhm, "invention."



Rosemary Chicken

2 chicken breasts
juice of 5 small calamansi
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
sliced potatoes
olive oil
1 tbsp butter
pepper, salt, and vetsin

1. Heat a bit olive oil on the pan.
2. Brown the chicken breasts and potatoes.
3. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper, salt, vetsin, and calamansi
4. Let it simmer in low heat, turning it once. Let the juices dry out a bit, until only a tablespoon or two of the olive oil, meat juices, and spice mixture is left.
5. Brush some butter on the grill. I used a panini maker. Sayang effort na magbukas pa ng oven para sa two slices of chicken breast. Saka, hello, super-init! (So looking forward to the rainy season, floods be damned.)
6. Pile the meat and potatoes on the grill. Brush on the oil/juice/spice mixture over the meat and potatoes.

7. It should brown in a few minutes or so. Don't poke it around or turn it over. It toughens the meat, or so they say --well, I'm not taking that risk, especially wala nang ibang laman ang ref. Hehehehehe.

Boom! Tapos in less than 30 minutes ang breakfast. It was very flavorful and moist. I'd like to say na super sarap, pero may vetsin ang dila ko. Suffice it to say, TheHusband and Sharkteeth liked it so much.  Sharkteeth kept coming back for more. I swear, I cook better when I'm just winging it. Besides, I don't like buying a ton of ingredients, especially if I'm just going to use it once in a blue moon.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!