Saturday, January 02, 2016

The 2015 Year-End Survey


Thank you, Aggie, for the tag.

What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Nothing much. Does online selling in Instagram count? I've only traded in Ebay before.

Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Some, yes. Others, no. I can't seem to stop buying stuff. I rationalize that I sell or give them as gifts. Which I did. Most of the time. Nuninuninuninu...

Did anyone close to you…
     Get married?
     No, my contemporaries are thandercats na.
     Give birth?
     No. Like I said, my contemporaries are thandercats na. But my friend from high school is currently pregnant. Sana ako rin. Not that enthusiastic about it, but it will surely make TheHusband and Sharkteeth very happy.
     Passed away?
     Yes. My dear friend D's death caught me by surprise and I wasn't able to say a proper goodbye. It still pains me.

What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
Health and wealth

What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 13, 2015. The day D died.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing spectacular. Got a new client. Trying to improve upon a "talent" (and mildly succeeding).

What was your biggest failure?
Like I mentioned earlier, I failed to say a proper goodbye to my friend.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hypochondria. Always naman.

What was the best thing you bought?
Again, nothing spectacular. Bought a whole inventory of Cath Kidston mugs for reselling. Was pretty successful.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
I guess Sharkteeth. She took a relative failure, worked hard, and turned it to a great success. ['Nak, not ironic anymore…]

Where did most of your money go?
Kay Sharkteeth, of course. Puhunan sa business.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
This is so babaw. When I learned of the new shipment of Cath Kidston mugs.

What song(s) will always remind you of 2015?
Underpressure. I don't know why, but it was on loop most of the year. I think with all the pain, unrest, and terror of last year, the lyrics are so apt. 
Can't we give ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more chance
Why can't we give love give love give love give love
Give love give love give love give love give love
'Cause love's such an old fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the (People on streets) edge of the night
And loves (People on streets) dares you to change our way

Compared to this time last year, are you
     Happier or sadder?
     Happier in the sense that the persons who made me sad last year around this time are gone from my life.
     Sad that one of the persons who make me happy is gone.
     Thinner or fatter?
     Fatter
     Richer or poorer?
     Same lang

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep and exercise

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry. Internet surfing ng mga walang kwentang bagay. Sumawsaw sa gulo.

How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents'. With my crazy and noisy relatives. With my favorite food on the table. With happy (and gift- and money-laden) kids.

Did you fall in love in 2015?
Always in love with TheHusband. Yeeeeheeeee…

What was your favorite TV program?
Game of Thrones. Downton Abbey (the ending was so satisfying). Brooklyn Nine Nine. Marvel Agents of Shield. Modern Family.

What was the best book you read?
Didn't get to finish any. Since I started editing journals and books, natamad na akong magbasa.

What were your greatest musical discoveries?
Not sure about the greatest, but I really like Taylor Swift. Please don't judge me. It's not merely the music. It's the whole business operation that I like -- the packaging, the support from her management, legal, and publicity staff, her sometimes retro fashion sense, her not-a-hair-out-of-place persona (which appeals to my control freak persona). I'm on the fence about her Bad Blood video, as I find it too Mean Girl-y, but girl can turn lemons to lemonade, whether ex-boyfriends or former friends.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
My uniform: stripes and florals

What did you want and get?
New client

What did you want and not get?
Kate Spade bangle

What was your favorite film of this year?
Kingsman

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Eat out. Am ignoring the second question.

What kept you sane?
Crafting

What political issue stirred you the most?
Mamasapano Massacre
Presidential candidates

Who did you miss?
Dear friend D

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Clichés but all so true: Life is short -- never take a loved one for granted and cherish every moment.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous11:09 PM

    Define love.
    Who is your crush? :-P
    Thank you for signing my slumbook.
    Don't forget, JAPAN! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Ngayon ko lang napansin eto.
    Love is like a rosary, full of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Puhunan sa business" - this is why I read your posts thoroughly, because you insert gems like this one every time. Haha!
    I agree re: Taylor Swift. In American entertainment blogs, they always talk about how she's the queen mean, but I still like her. And da*ned if I don't dance like a crazy person to Shake It Off at least once a month! Girl does know how to turn lemons into lemonade. Hayaan na kahit mean siya. Heck, Frank Sinatra had worse stories written about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totoo yun! Whenever I have extra money, pinupuhunan ko. Kaso by the time na bumalik na ang puhunan plus tubo, wala na akong pera, so nagagastos both. Hehehe.

      More than her talent and sheer will, nagagalingan talaga ako how she runs her career like a business endeavor that it truly is.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!