Sunday, December 20, 2015

Goodbye, Dear D

Almost a week ago, my dear friend D died. She was one of the kindest and classiest ladies I've known. Always gracious, quick-witted, and kind. Much as I want to pay tribute to her through this blog, I would rather not because, despite D being a blogger, she has always valued privacy and detested calling attention to herself. But let me tell you, her passing left a hole on this earth, in this universe, that seems impossible to fill.

Goodbye, dear D. You can dance ballet again.



2 comments :

  1. I wish I hadn't stayed away from the blogging world for a year. That's a year I could've spent exchanging comments with her.
    You're right, she really was the kindest and the classiest. And I'll miss her dearly. It's strange - I don't even know what she looks like, but I still feel like I lost a friend. I hope you're hanging in there, Ms. TPS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amelie. I still couldn't believe she's gone. Everywhere there's a reminder of her -- sometimes, I see an interesting, funny, or downright absurd link and I start writing her an email only to realize she won't be replying anymore. Ever.

      I remember her mentioning you before and I tried to leave a comment on your blog, to let you know of her passing, but I can't seem to log to my Wordpress account.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!