Friday, January 23, 2015

Stress Oreña Drilon

You know it's never good when a call is opened by, along with crying, "Mymy, please keep calm. Don't panic!"

I was on my way to pick up Sharkteeth when she called and asked me to come get her ASAP because she tripped while walking down the ramp and hurt herself. Imagining horrible scenarios, I was screaming and panicking, which made her cry even more. When I arrived at the school, she was alone and crying. She has a huge bump on the forehead and numerous abrasions on her arms. I wanted to bring her to the doctor, but she didn't want to. She's terrified of doctors and hospitals. Lagi kasing nagkakasakit, and her checkups turned to hospitalization one time too many. Si Dr. Mymy na lang ang nag-treat sa mga sugat. Which took, like, two hours kasi takot sya sa Betadine. I was rolling my eyes na. "Mymy! Stop rolling your eyes! Can't you see I'm in pain?!" Soweeeeee....

She's okay now.

I'm not. Napakahirap maging nanay. I don't think I would ever stop worrying about her. Every little cut, every little bump, every little sadness hurts me hundred times over. If only I can kiss away the hurts like when she was a baby. And she's not exactly the dainty sort. One time I kept looking for her around the campus grounds but couldn't find her. Then across the basketball court, I saw a kid at the back of the basketball board. I thought, "Naaaah, it can't be Sharkteeth...that board is too high for her." It was Sharkteeth. Hay. I will always worry. 




4 comments :

  1. Easy lang - she'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe, praning kasi ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't all moms? We try to appear calm outside but deep inside is another story. Hope the pain has passed for S and that you're okay now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We're okay na, pero masakit pa rin ang bukol ni S. :(

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!