Saturday, January 19, 2013

Erato: Call Your Girlfriend Cover


Those who know me know I'm a bit on the obsessive side. If I have a favorite shirt, I'd wear that shirt week after week after week after week until I run it down. Same thing with food -- I'd scarf it every meal till I get so sawa na. Same deal with this video by Erato. I think TheHusband noticed how often I'd watch it on YouTube and decided to downloaded it for me. In fairness, a year later na, di pa rin ako nagsasawa.

Unrequited high five aside (hahahaha! so cringe-worthy), I loved everything, the simplicity, their harmony, everything! But I couldn't help but feel that the words of the lyrics are really from the point of view of the girlfriend being jilted, not the new girl.



Call your girlfriend
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault
But you just found somebody new

Tell her not to get upset, second-guessing everything you said and done
And then when she gets upset tell her how you never mean to hurt no one
Then you tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again
And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend
And then you let her down easy

Call your girlfriend
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault
But you just met somebody new

Don't you tell her how I give you something that you never even knew you missed
Don't you even try and explain how it's so different when we kiss
You tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again
And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend
And then you let her down easy

Call your girlfriend
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault
But you just met somebody new
And now it's gonna be me and you

And you tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again
And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend
And then you let her down easy

Call your girlfriend
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault

Call your girlfriend
It's time you had the talk
Give your reasons
Say it's not her fault
But you just met somebody new 



PS, please check this out: Calling Your Girlfriend. So funny.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!