Saturday, September 12, 2015

For The Loverless


Onyxx posted this video in her Facebook page, and I suspect it was because of George, the very adorable cat perched on the the singer's guitar. Admittedly, I myself went to the YouTube page because of the cat, but I stayed because of the voice. Ayleen O'Hanlon is a singer from Melbourne, and she's an amazing songwriter as well, matching her hauntingly beautiful voice with soulful lyrics. Loverless is her debut single, and it's a beautiful song about finding ourselves in solitude: "I think it’s time we talked to ourselves a little more...And it’s time we held our own hands a little more. Our hands."


LOVERLESS

Out in the pouring rain
The bending trees
Salute the wind
Do they hear me singing

I’m calling out
To the ends
Of the earth
Do they see me dancing
I’m swaying side to side
Holding on to nothing
I am loverless
And light

Countless are the days
Of the year
The year gone by
And so time stands still

While the colours
And the lovers that I’ve known
Blend and spill
But they’ll wash out with the tide
While I’m

Swaying side to side
Holding on to nothing
I am loverless
And light

I think it’s time
We talked
To ourselves a little more
Ourselves

And it’s time
We held
Our own hands a little more
Our hands

I’m a strong believer
That the soul won’t defeat us
And the rain
It will clear up
For the loverless

Out in the pouring rain
The bending trees
Salute the wind



Because how can we share ourselves, our love, with another person if we haven't found or don't love ourselves first?

4 comments :

  1. The title caught me! I agree! Love will come to you in God's perfect time as long as you keep believing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and being loverless doesn't really mean loveless. We can love our own selves, and we should before loving others.

      Delete
  2. This line: Because how can we share ourselves, our love, with another person if we haven't found or don't love ourselves first?

    Oh yes! i love it (and the song too). maybe the reason why people break so much when they break up with someone is that, they cling too much on the person, that they forgot that they should love themselves first.

    --------------


    Also I added you on my links.
    Please visit this to know more: http://stevevhan.blogspot.com/p/artist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Parang in love with the idea of love than anything else. Saka sometimes, people are all too willing to take sh*t from their partners because they don't love themselves enough.

      Thank you! I'll add you as well as soon as I fix my blogroll. I lost it in my redesign. :(

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!