Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Favorite Five


In my bid to post regularly, I'm going, or at least try, to post every Friday five of my favorite things. They might be current or past possessions, though others might not be necessarily mine -- could be a wish for my fairy godmother (where are you, by the way?), could be something I saw and found interesting, but it will always be driven by beauty and functionality, hopefully both, but that's a tall order.  



1. Deer Beads Earrings, from Chicwish, $12.67, made of 30% metal and 70% glass. Chicwish has a quite explicit instruction to avoid contact with liquids. I bought a pair mid-December (had a 30% discount for signing up), but I have yet to receive them. Online tracking pegs it at the delivery office, which is the local post office, I assume.  I don't have any illusions about the quality of these earrings. Surely, I can wear this for 3 days tops and then develop an allergy soon after. I'm thinking of buying some loose stones then have the reindeer copied by an alahera. I should ask Leah for some recommendations and advice.



2. Cake stand with with bird decor. I don't know where I saw this, I was just taken by the charming bird on top of the cover. Dimensione might have one. Hopefully affordable.

 


3. Okeanos ballet flats, from Nine West, ~PHP3100. I've already posted this. I've worn it a couple of times already, and they are quite comfortable. I didn't even need to break them in. Note though that they run a size bigger. Some reviews mentioned that the flowers have to be taken care of, and since I don't want to be minding them constantly, I did some preventive maintenance -- I superglued them. Perfect.




4. Ghost chair, from Philippe Starck, ~PHP11,ooo. Described  in their website as "a witty take on the classic Louis XVI armchair, Philippe Starck's Louis Ghost pares the original design back to the merest shadow of its lines. Made from deceptively strong, injection-moulded polycarbonate, it is shock- and weather-resistant. The chair is also available in black." No way am I shelling out 11,000 pesos for a single chair, no matter how witty it is, well, maybe if it can reply with funny punchlines, I might reconsider! I checked out sellers in Alibaba, and one seller replied and pegged the price of 10 chairs (including shipping, no eVAT yet) at ~$700, which makes one chair less than 3500 pesos. Not bad, right? I don't think I'd be lucky with the customs duties if I order 10, but ordering fewer will make each chair more expensive. I have to think long and hard before I order these.


 5. Cath Kidston Fujifilm Instax Mini. I don't know how much this is. I was initially interested in getting the baby pink Fujifilm Instax Mini, but this one from Cath Kidston is infinitely cuter. However, with all the digitalization happening, I don't see the point of getting one. It's an eye candy, sure, but I am trying lessen my clutter and buying of stuff. (It's January, New Year's resolutions are still fresh. Hahahaha! Let's see around midyear.)


 

2 comments :

  1. That's a good idea ha - post your 5 favorite things every Friday.

    PS. Parang gusto ko rin ung ghost chair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re ghost chair, so nice ano? I might go looking for one sa Mandaue Foam. Meron daw dun na cheaper version.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!