Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Earthquake Negros Oriental October 15, 8:12 am

I just got up then biglang umaalog na ang buong bahay! Lindol na naman!!! Afraidy Aguilar! Takbo kami sa baba. Before we were able to, Sharkteeth went up to get us. So sweet. I was only wearing a top and boy shorts and I had to scamper and get a towel to cover me up and protect my modesty. Modesty daw oh! Medyo matagal yung lindol. We were out of the house for a very long time, me in my towel-wrapped glory. Saka pareho kami ni S -- nanginginig ang tuhod namin. Ngayon lang ako natakot ng ganito sa earthquake. Apparently we're near the epicenter.

Here's the preliminary report from USGS through Volcano Discovery:


Date & time: Tue, 15 Oct 00:12:38 UTC
Local time at epicenter: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 08:12:38
Magnitude: 7.2
Depth: 33.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 9.762°N / 124.174°E [Map]
Nearest volcano: Hibok-Hibok (83 km)
Primary data source: USGS



Lesson learned: Mag-shorts pagtulog. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!