Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Belated Mothers' Day Syrup

Chatting away with a friend and former colleague (F/FC) earlier about politics, napunta ang chicahan namin tungkol sa pag-aanak. Nakwento ko that Sharkteeth was having trouble learning how to swim, and last Sunday night, I walked in on her sobbing -- ayaw nang pumasok sa swimming class kasi she couldn't float or glide and a classmate was mocking her daw that she couldn't swim. [Sharkteeth, ituro mo yan sa akin bukas at kukutusan ko ng isa!!!] Sharkteeth spent most of Mothers' Day evening crying on my arms. I was so heartbroken for her. I seriously considered making her stop her lessons, but I think that would send a wrong signal -- that you can just up and quit when things get difficult. Anyhoo, I related this to F/FC and said that, "Napakahirap magka-anak. You feel their pain and heartbreak but ten times over." F/FC, who doesn't have a child yet, asked -- something like, "What are the pros of having a child? Parang lahat ng naririnig ko mahirap magka-anak." My answer: "Her smile. Seeing her smile is worth all the pain."

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous10:03 PM

    So how's relating to swimming these days? Have they become friends? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They parted as enemies. Maybe next summer. Maybe...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!