Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Philippine Holidays

This year ain't much vacation-wise compared with last year, but a holiday is a holiday and I'm gonna take what I can get. What did you do last vacation, by the way? I hope you all had a very restful Christmas season. Here is the list of all Philippine holidays for 2009. Do plan your vacation early!

April 6, Monday: Araw ng Kagitingan (moved from April 9)*
April 9, Thursday: Maundy Thursday†
April 10, Friday: Good Friday†
May 1, Friday: Labor Day*
June 12, Friday: Independence Day*
August 21, Friday: Ninoy Aquino Day†
August 31, Monday: National Heroes Day*
November 1, Sunday: All Saints Day†
November 2, Monday: All Soul's Day†
November 30, Monday: Bonifacio Day*
December 24, Thursday: Christmas Eve†
December 25, Friday: Christmas*
December 30, Wednesday: Rizal Day*
December 31, Thursday: New Year's Eve†

Note that GMA didn't set February 25 (EDSA Revolution) as a holiday yet *sad*, and I didn't include Eid Ul Fitr because the dates I got vary (September 19, 20, and 21).

*Regular holiday
†Special nonworking holiday

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous6:10 AM

    ooohhh.... I love information like this. alam mo naman, importante yan sa buhay natin! he! he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Wow, I will bookmark this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, i heard awhile ago from one municipality that there would be one week holiday on apr 6-10? how true is this?any information? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:41 PM

    Joie, no, I haven't heard about that. But if it's true, ang masasabi ko lang, "those bastards!" Hehehe, halata ba ang inggit at bitterness?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!