Here is something I made the moment I got a free time last month. I named it the Madonna/Whore leather chest box because of the staid, almost matronly, appearance from the outside, but raaaawwwwrrr *claw the air, please* leopard print inside.
I went slumming one Sunday and found a 50-peso ($1) wine-colored leather skirt. Surveying my art & crafts supplies, I saw the craft box I scavenged from Onyxx and decided to make a leather-covered box. I'm not too good at giving instructions, but you'll catch the drift.
1. Reinforce the joint of the box inside and out using strips of leather.
2. Cut a corresponding piece of leather for each side.
3. Apply a thin layer of contact cement (smells heavenly, I tell you! shhhhh...) to the box. Let it dry a bit, then stick the leather pieces on each side.
4. The leopard-print velvet is another find from one of my previous slumming expeditions, and I used it as a lining. It's not too obvious in the picture, but the inside is lumpy because of the glue.
5. Attach a lock. I wanted to put corner protectors, or whatever those things are called, but I don't know where to find one.