Friday, September 05, 2014

Twice The Glory



Back in April, Sharkteeth attended a writing workshop at the "mother ship" in Pasig. One of the activities was a quiz bee, where she and her teammates won. Being the youngest, the bunso, almost the saling-ket, of the group, I didn't think she really contributed much to the win, and said as much. *Boy, am I winning this confidence-building game or what?* Hahahaha! She was quick to point out that she did contribute and, in a couple of times, was the only one in the group who knew the right answer. I stand corrected. 

Anyhoo, this afternoon, somebody was repeatedly calling me. I had just finished a call from Manulife about an hour earlier and I wasn't up for any more discussion on life insurance, credit card, loans, etc. I sent a message asking who it was and to just send a text. Turned out it was S's teacher. Jusko. Ayoko na tumatawag ang school sa akin. Feeling ko eh problema ang dala. But then, apparently, all they need is the medal S received for winning the quiz bee. There's a recognition/convocation day tomorrow and they will "re-award" those who won during the workshop.

I'll admit this na. The house is a mess. As it always has been, pero ibang level ng mess ngayon. Kasi naman after ng Manila-Baguio trip (for that workshop), we proceeded to Cebu, tapos we had to stock all our kalats nung birthday ni TheHusband, then Bacolod, then pasukan na, tapos luwas na naman sa Manila, then Cebu again. Also, I'm a hoarder and a pack rat. So what am I driving at? Wala akong time mag-organize. Yun lang yun. Ergo, hindi ko alam where that darn medal is.
 

♥♥♥

TPS: Do we really need to find that medal? 

Sharkteeth: Not really. Teacher said that she'll find something similar. But you know, I don't really want to do it.
TPS: Me too. Just seems silly. 
Sharkteeth: Yeah! I already had my GLORY! I don't wanna end up being swell-headed.

10 comments :

  1. Wow, congrats to Sharkteeth for the win and the maturity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter S! Hmmm, san sya nagmana kay mommy or kay daddy or pareho? Hehe. Andami ko rin gusto ayusin sa house, pero ang dami ko rin excuses. I'd like to believe there really is a time for everything. Wait ko na lang yun. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaman din laman hawig na sya ng kanyang ama, ike-claim ko nang sa akin nagmana ng talent. Hahahahahaha! Feelingera na naman ako.

    Eto nga, nagsisimula na ako. Target ko, matapos mag-organize by the end of September. Ang isa kasi sa problems ko, aside from maraming work, eh pag naharap ko at na-try i-organize yung crafting things ko, I end up crafting for hours, so walang cleaning and organizing na nangyayari. Hahahaha. I should write a sked na susundan ko faithfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you! Madali rin ako masidetrack eh, makagawa nga rin ng sked, gaya gaya lang ang peg. Haha. :)

      Delete
    2. Let's volt it!

      LOL! Inabot nyo pa ba ang Voltes V?

      Delete
    3. Inabot, pero hindi ako masyado mahilig don. Shaider at Maskman yung mas gusto ko. Hehe. :)

      Delete
    4. Ohhhh, Shaider! Pulis Pangkalawakan. At si Annie. Trivia: My dorm-mates used to call our (illegal) plancha "Shaider". (Bawal kasi ang plancha sa dorm.)

      Delete
  4. niiiiiice...!

    if you can't find it, just just buy another one. just sayin' :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang suggestion ko nga eh mamartilyuhin ko na lang yung isang tanzan tapos isabit ko sa ribbon. Ayaw ba naman! Bakit kaya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, ayaw ng medalyang kinakalawang. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!