Sunday, February 08, 2009

I Finally Did It!

Guess what I did this weekend? I have been longing to do it since, like, forever, and yay for me, I finally did it!
If you're thinking boob job, so sorry. I couldn't afford it. Yet. These are mounds of dough under a wet towel. KG and I were chatting sometime ago about bread, of all things, and I think I mentioned that I want to bake a loaf of bread. Simple, right? Well, yes and no. The ingredients are fairly easy to find, and I have everything in the pantry. It's the waiting (for the dough to rise) that really taxed my patience. I say if you want to learn patience, go bake a bread. And the kneading, oh, the kneading---my arms are still sore. *cough, Babe, pink or lilac Kitchen Aid, cough* I find the outcome a bit jaundiced because of the eggwash (which I shouldn't have done in the first place), but the bread is soft and the crust is, hmmm, crusty. Plus, I think the oats I added on the crust provided a bit of character to the loaf. The outcome is pretty good, all things considered. The ironic thing is, I don't care much for breads.
My trusted assistant.Roast beef sandwich para sa miron.Lest I forget, I got the recipe from CDKitchen. I say, follow the instructions to the letter and it's gonna be okay.

11 comments :

  1. Anonymous10:24 PM

    So those covered stuffs are loaves of bread? Hehe, one cannot see them as such, one would wonder if one doesn't read first...teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:12 AM

    uy...inggit ako! buti ka pa. i have yet to bake my first bread...puto ako bukas, bukas! i have to do it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Si RJ gusto din magbake niyan, pati pandesal gusto patulan. Basta ako kainin at ulam, pati sa meryenda, ok na.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:07 PM

    Haha, the first photo shocked me. Hmmm, I'm thinking of baking my own pandesal since we don't have that one here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Thought those were boobs. The loaf looks just as yummy though.

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:22 AM

    yep, i ate the slice you gave me yesterday. sarap! gawa ka uli heheh.

    great job using that "tempting" lead-in photo (intriguing ha) harharhar

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Hello.

    it's also in my wanting list...to bake a loaf or pandesal

    Inggit ako.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Looks delish, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost became Garandee's official "kneading machine" for a time... Good thing I really sucked at it, so she'd rather do it herself na lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:46 AM

    Hi everybody. Thanks for the comments. Well, how I would to have those "pair," but unfortunately, those genes eluded me long ago, along with the dancing and singing genes. Hahaha!
    To all those who want to bake pandesal or any other bread, patience is the key. If the recipe calls for an hour of waiting for the dough to rise, just be sure you do give it an hour. KG, akala ko naman nag-bake ka na. I should have sent you those yeast. Rico, be sure to buy a mixer first, otherwise, you'd end up like Garando, but then you can always make sure your kneading is not at par with RJ's standards, then she wouldn't want you doing the kneading. Hahaha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:57 PM

    heehee. the first photo was really intriguing though ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!