Sunday, November 09, 2008

Goodbye, Bunneh


The bunneh was murdered by the dog. Murder, not bunnyslaughter, not bunnycide, murder. I have seen the gleam of hunger in the dog's eyes and been trying to keep him in check for so many days now. Unfortunately, we were out yesterday, and I guess, for the dog, it was the perfect moment to strike. He is canine non grata right now. We were all devastated, and I was secretly hoping the bunneh was able to escape and just got lost somewhere in the trees near our home. This morning, I urged TheHusband to look for the body, and sadly, there lies Bunny-Buns, eyes already glazed and the fur wet from the morning dew...just a few steps from our home. Sharkteeth, who's so in love with the bunneh, wanted to look, and although I was hesitant, I let her. I guess, like me, she was also hoping against hope that the bunneh was still alive, and the sight confirmed her worst fears.

I miss her when I go to the refrigerator and no one is racing to the door hoping for a veggie treat. No one is cuddling near my feet when I'm working in the kitchen. No one is chewing Sharkteeth's hair. No one darts out from the darkness when I go out at midnight to pee. Haaaaay, I miss her so much. We buried her in the garden, and Sharkteeth suggested we put a "name" (I guess she means gravestone), and I think it is only fitting we do so.

Goodbye, Temperance.

8 comments :

  1. Anonymous9:01 AM

    Oh, I am sorry about the bunny being murdered. I loved it, he was so cuddly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:53 PM

    sad :(

    naalala ko tuloy yung hamster sa apartment namin nung college; my housemate had this huge rottweiler and we had only one suspicion when the hamster suddenly disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:24 AM

    Sheng, all too sad! Too drama queen-ish, pero we're really grieving for the bunneh. She brought us so much joy in her very short life.
    Zar, yeah, ako man yun, isa lang ang pagbibintangan ko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:42 AM

    I can relate to the grieve. We cried when we lost our Jap spitz two years ago. I think our neighbors feed him MSG. Rest in peace, Bunneh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:01 AM

    MSG? That's so mean. Not dog people, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:23 PM

    sad nman... just when im starting to like your cute bunneh. was thinking pa nman of having one someday. tsk tsk, bad dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:54 PM

    That's so sad! I hope you and Sam are coping well... Sa ikli ng panahon na pinagsahmahan nyo, it was obvious that you loved him (or her). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Weird-funny thing is, it's TheHusband who still couldn't forgive the murderer dog. Sa lahat kasi ng pets namin, the bunneh was the only one he liked.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!