Tuesday, November 06, 2007

A Decade Ago, This Would Have Been A Meg Ryan Movie

http://nygirlofmydreams.com/Found this site earlier in Dooce. I hope Mr. Moberg, who, though not insane, seems so torpe, won't mind me swiping this image. It's just that I'm a sucker for romance (and viral ads *could this be one? hope not*), and this has all the proper ingredients of one. And I'm really hoping journal-jotting, fancy-braided girl would see his site and call. But, oh, journal-jotting, fancy-braided girl, gym shorts and tights? Seriously?!

UPDATE: He found her!!! Doesn't it make you go awwwww?

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous9:19 PM

    There was a movie in 2001 with that same premise. A young man who saw the girl of his dreams on a train but forgot to get her name or number. He used flyers, which is probably more tedious but more romantic (or silly, really?).
    Cute concept but the movie (On the Line) sucked. Besides, the leading man (who's sole purpose was to pose as every girl's dream guy) turned out to be gay in real life (Lance Bass of N'Sync).

    It would have worked better in a Meg Ryan movie, I guess. A decade ago. He He.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Zar, I never saw that movie, thank God. Never liked Lance Bass; give me Justin Timberlake anytime.

    Funny how he included "not insane" in the caricature.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, good or bad. And remember, if you can dish it, you better be able to take it!